This shows the table in its most common color scheme - all elements in the same family are shown
in the same color. But notice the radio bar along the bottom of the chart. You can can select a different
chemical attribute to color-code the chart.
- Number - color codes the chart to show how the atomic number increases left-to-right,
- Group - (shown to the left) - all elements in the same family are shown the same color.
- Metal - shows which elements are metals, non-metals or metalloids.
- Electronegativity - a measure of an atoms reactivity.
- Radioactivity - a measure of how quick an atom wants to rip itself apart.
- Melting Point
- Boiling Point
- State - whether an element is a solid, liquid, or gas. When this option is selected
the Temperature slider control is activiated. You can change to any temperature you wish and the
chart will update to show the state of elements at that temperature.